About Me

Friday, August 23, 2013

20 day challenge

I have decided to spend the next 20 days as a vegan. I'd start today but I ate a pastrami sandwich for lunch so, uh, that's out but I cooked an amazing vegan meal for dinner tonight with plenty leftover for tomorrow that will make an easy start. This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time and if you know me at all then you know how much I love meat, I just couldn't do it. Cheese, too especially goat cheese. It won't be easy but it is something I feel true in my heart to be the best thing for me, at least to try and I'm ready for the challenge. 

This past week has been slow as far as art goes and I know the core reason is because of my despicable diet of take out & ramen noodles. That on top of Netflix (by the way, has anyone else seen Wilfred? Surprisingly funny) I honestly didn't get anything done. Enough is enough.

Above you see grilled tofu marinated in lemon, olive oil, minced garlic, cilantro, salt & fresh ground pepper topped with a Mediterranean salad made of diced tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, scallions, kalamata olives and cilantro mixed with white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. This serving and a cold glass of beer was more than filling and so delicious it eases my concerns about the next 20 days. 

With this challenge I am going to complete a new drawing each day.

Now is the time to place your bets folks. Think I'll cave? Is there anyone out there who wants to join me? Keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment